Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Poem

This is my first Vintage Thingie Thursday post, hosted by Coloradolady. Click HERE to see all the great vintage goodies today.

This is really not a vintage piece I don't guess but it was written in 1979 by someone very dear to me and it is about Mother---I do not have any way of making a copy of the original print but it was a poem to me about mother and I treasure it and it still hangs on the wall right by my computer. The following was written by daughter--Coloradolady in 1979---enjoy---since Mother's Day is coming up.



A MOTHER

A mother is someone who loves us,
No matter what we say or do.

It does not matter how old we are,
Her love is always true.

She's someone we admire greatly.
She's someone we turn to confide in,

A mother is often our very best friend.
Her patience and courage, her dear smiling face,

Her warmth has made our home a much
happier place.

A mother always offers her smile.
She makes every childs life worth while.

A mother has a special place in everyones heart,
and that something special could never be torn apart.

A mother is someone to share all our dreams,
No matter how large or small they may seem.

She keeps our secrets beyond compare,
It seems , with her everything we share.

A mother lends her shouder to cry on
When our spirits are low, and we find

Ourselves turning to her day-by-day
For the comfort she provides in her old trusting way.

So thank you Lord, for giving me no other,
But the lady you gave me, my dear mother.



Thanks, Suzanne--I treasure this and after 30 years I hope
you still feel the same way. I love you dearly and without you
I would not be a mother. You are a great mother too.

20 comments:

Ruby said...

What a treasure! Thanks for sharing your special poem. Ruby

Sarah said...

Now that is something to cherish!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

How very special it is, treasures like these will last for ever.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Molly

Coloradolady said...

All I can say is vintage..yes...I am not sure of the treasure part...Happy VTT.

Mary-Latrelle said...

I can't seem to remember that you are a blogging lady but I think the poem by Suzanne is very sweet, you are o.k. too.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

lovely poem. thanks for sharing.. happy VTT

Keetha Broyles said...

30 years - - - that's at LEAST semi-vintage, isn't it????

Marie Reed said...

This is sooo wonderful! It warms my heart to read:) Happy almost Mother's Day! I'm so glad that you posted this treasure!

jeanne said...

How beautiful about mothers. I so miss mine. Mother's Day is always a bit sad for me because she is no longer here. I have her memories so that is a comfort. Thanks for posting that lovely poem. Hugs...Jeanne

LV said...

This is a really neat poem. Glad to found it and shared with us. Good job!

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful trueasure

Susan said...

Welcome to VTT; how nice to meet Suzanne's mother. And so glad you've joined in the fun. The written word can hold wonderful memories of a love between mother and daughter.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet. Yes, mothers are quite special, aren't they?

Very nice to meet you ma'am.

Stephanie said...

oh wow how special! Very beautiful poem - thanks for sharing!

Happy Mother's Day!

annies home said...

my mother once told me a red rose means true love, a yellow rose is for someone you love like your mother and a white rose is for the loss of someone do not know where she got this but I remember this

Tikimama said...

What a nice tribute to the love between you two - Suzanne for writing it, and you for sharing it with all of us!

Charlotte said...

How special this is. That poem describes my Mom perfectly. She has been gone for almost 10 years and I miss her terribly. How thankful I am for the blessed hope that we will be reunited one day.

I have nominated you for an award. You can come to my blog to "pick it up."

Blessings,
Charlotte

Virginia said...

That is so sweet! Definitely a keepsake.

Happy VTT and Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful; I am going to send it to my mother. According to etsy, vintage is anything 20 years or older, so this counts!

Hank - Joyce said...

Its nice to remember mothers and the poem was very nice